Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kris kris is offline

Default Error in VLOOKUP

Nope, the name is exactly the same, spacing and everything. Still returning
the #NA reference.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Kris,
Two reasons for the #N/A, or you name doesn't exist in file2 or the name is
slightly different

If this helps please click yes, thanks

"Kris" wrote:

I am trying to get Excel to look up what is in a column in a one worksheet
and find it in another worksheet and come back with what is in a different
column for the same row.

Example: I have one worksheet with names in one column (column I, file 1),
I want Excel to search in file 2 to find what is in column I row 2 and return
what is in column DH in file 2 for that name. I keep getting either a
reference error or an #NA error. Below is the formula I entered:

=VLOOKUP(I20, '[Excel Report MI.xls]Data Entry'!$A$13:$DH$68, 112, FALSE)

What am I doing wrong?