Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default calculating

If both A1 and B10 are in date formats try this formula. Change the values
you want accordingly//In the below example if both months are same it will
return 1 and if not 2. Adjust as required.

=IF(Month(A1)=Month(B10),1,2)

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Link" wrote:

the month and year is A1 . I was a formula to say if A1 equal to B10 1( in
this case if A1 and B10 are the same month it should be 1 or less.

"PJFry" wrote:

I am sure there is a way. What kind of information is in A1? Is it a date
or just the year? Is B10 always going to be the cell you compare too? And
what do you want to do if the A1<B10?

PJ

"Link" wrote:

What formula to use if you want to make reference to 2 cells;
example: If year A1 equal to B10 the maximum value it can have is 2