Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jcrowe jcrowe is offline

Default How do I keep 3-D reference the same when inserting one row on

I tried this and it comes back with #REF. What I have is 2 seperate sheets
with employees total hours etc. these two sheets pull into one sheet. When I
enter data I have the 2 sheets sorted alpha, then sort them by dept. and
location. once they are by department and location they pull into the 3rd
sheet, which form there goes to 2 other sheets. anyway when I add a new
employee it throws it off. I used $ and it worked until the things above
changed.

Thanks,
J Crowe

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If Sheet1 has the formula =Sheet2!A5 and then a new row in inserted above
row 5 on Sheet2 the formula automatically becomes =Sheet2!A6
The formula =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A5") is unchanged when Sheet2 is modified
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jcrowe" wrote in message
How do I keep 3-D reference the same when inserting one row on one sheet.