Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

Default Calculating someone's age at a given date

Hi Tanya - sorry i could not get this to work. I really am a novice so I am
prob doing something wrong. From your description i put a list of dates of
birth starting in A5 and then in B4 typed in your formula. I also do not
understand what you mean by absolute reference. Thanks

"Tanya" wrote:

If you wanted to find out of each child when they will reach the age of 5 then
this is the formula so all the DOB should be in column A and starting from
Row 5 and the absolute refernce which in this case is age 5 should be just
typed in column B row 4 and this formula is working.

=DATE(YEAR(A)+$B$4,MONTH(A5),DAY(A5))

"Deb" wrote:

I work at a school and I need to create a spreadsheet which tells me when a
child reaches the age of 5 on any given date. Can anyone help. Thanks. Deb