Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating someone's age at a given date

Just use the relevant part of Sean's formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A2)+5,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))
--
David Biddulph

"Deb" wrote in message
Thanks David. Could I trouble you for another one? Is there any
calculation
that will tell me WHEN a child reaches the age of 5. For example I have a
date of birth of 1/5/03 and I want to know the date when they reach the
age
of 5. I know this is easily calculated in your head but I work in a
school
and a simple spreadsheet and a click of a button would help me greatly!
From
a very inexperiened excel user. Deb

"David Biddulph" wrote:

or =IF(DATEDIF(A2,B2,"y")=5,"5 or older","Under 5")
--
David Biddulph

"Sean Timmons" wrote in message
so, you have their DOB and another date and want to know if the given
date
is
greater than or equal to 5 years from DOB...

Assume DOB is in cell A2 and given date is in B2. In calculated field:

=IF(B2=DATE(YEAR(A2)+5,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)),"5 or older","Under 5")

"Deb" wrote:

I work at a school and I need to create a spreadsheet which tells me
when
child reaches the age of 5 on any given date. Can anyone help.
Thanks.
Deb