Sri

Default Fetching External Data from Excel

Hello All,

So far I jave used External Data option in Excel to import
data from 2 sources..Access and MS SQL server..now i want
to import the data from an another Excel file..

I have created one excel file similar to my access table
with 5 columns with proper headings and some data inside
it.(Assuming that the excel will treat this as a kind of
table!!).

Now when i tried to import the same from another Excel
file, it says "The data source contains no visible tables"

Can anyone help on this on how to fetch the data using
this option.

My second Query related to the prev one..

ALternatively, can i use Data objects like DAO,ADO... in
VBA macros to connect to the Excel file(where i have
stored the data) and play with the data..

I have used the same technique to read Access,SQL tables..

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Wish you a wonderful new year 2005!!

Thanks

Sri