Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Calculating someone's age at a given date

so, you have their DOB and another date and want to know if the given date is
greater than or equal to 5 years from DOB...

Assume DOB is in cell A2 and given date is in B2. In calculated field:

=IF(B2=DATE(YEAR(A2)+5,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)),"5 or older","Under 5")

"Deb" wrote:

I work at a school and I need to create a spreadsheet which tells me when a
child reaches the age of 5 on any given date. Can anyone help. Thanks. Deb