Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed R Ed R is offline

Default Incorporating Cell color fill in an "if" logical function?

Is there a way to do this if you are looking for a range of values?
Say
- Turn Green if <=16
- Turn Red if cell 16 and <= 19
- Turn Pruple of cell 19.

I can't seem to get the middle rule to work. It will run the cell Green but
I can't get the compound rule to cancel out the Green and make it red

"T. Valko" wrote:

I am using vista and excel 2007.

Try this...

Assume the cell in question is A1
Select cell A1
Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage Rules
Click New RuleUse a formula to determine.....
Enter this formula in the box: =A1="I"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OKOKApply

Now, click New Rule and repeat the process for each of the conditions.

This was much easier in previous versions of Excel!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have a similar question to this thread...

I have a cell that contains an if statement that returns either I, II, III
or IV depending on criteria. Can I also make the cell turn a different
colour
for each of these results? e.g. (Red for I, Orange for II, etc.) I used to
know how to do this in the old excel, but now I am using vista and excel
2007.

Thanks.

Shawn

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

You can use Format-conditional formating, select "Formula is", and
insert
the condition that evaluates to true/false in the text box.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"George_Sky" wrote:

I want to identify a specific cell by highlighting it with a cell fill
color
when an "if" statement returns a "ture" response. How do I do this?