Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excell formula required. If a^b=C....... a = ?

=if(count(c12:d12)=0,"",e11-c12+d12)

So if you don't enter any numbers in C12:D12, then the cell looks empty (even
though it contains that formula).

Mike wrote:

I am in need of help, i am making a check book and i have a final column that
show my balance. the formula for this is "SUM=E11-C12+D12" and for the next
cell "SUM=E12-C13+D13" Now when i drop down the window for the rest of my
cells, it shows my current balance for ALL of them.. i understand why it is
doing it but is there a way to hide them until a withdraw or deposit is
issued? Not only does it look ugly but kinda confusing seeing the grand total
on all my cells that i have this formula for? plz help

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Rod neale -

C^(1/b)

- Mike