Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ultimate Don[_2_] Ultimate Don[_2_] is offline

Default Insert Illustrations disabled (grayed out) in Excel 2007

Thanks for your comments.
Not in edit mode. Nothing else open I can close Excel and then reopen and
problem persists. Not sharing workbook either.
It happens on all worksheets new and old only within this workbook. Other
workbooks are fine. I could copy over the 16 sheets but didn't want to go
through the effort as I'm sure it will happen again at some point down the
road.
Another weird item related to this workbook only (I don't see how the two
could be related but will mention it) is that if I try to insert a row it
says it cannot shift objects off sheet. I F5 goto objects and there are none,
I goto last cell and it goes to cell M350 so there is plenty of room left!
Charts are also grayed out.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Are you sure you are not in Edit mode? Press ESC and try.

Is it happening on all workbooks? Open a new one and see.

Make sure no dialog boxes are open... Is VB Editor open?

"Ultimate Don" wrote:

I'm just trying to insert a line but all the Insert Illustrations selections
are all grayed out.
I've check to ensure the worksheets are not Grouped or protected as
suggested elsewhere and they are not.
Any other ideas would be welcome!
Thanks, Don.