Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Michael B. Michael B. is offline

Default Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?

Andy:
Thanks for that information - with regard to the first solution, the lines
do cross more than once, so that won't do the trick.
The second solution doesn't work since one line is not a baseline, and the
values aren't negative, so the "invert if negative" option doesn't apply.

I'm not sure about the third, I have no experience with VBA, but I will look
at the examples closely and see if anything will work.

Thank you very much for your quick response, and for the great information
that I can use in many other situations I've come across!

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the
once then you can use area charts to provide the shading.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

This may help if the used one line as a base line.
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/are...t-if-negative/

More complex lines may require a coded solution.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Michael B." wrote in message
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different
color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the
areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses
below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in
shapes?