Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jcracch jcracch is offline

Default Sales Commission Rates

It does not.
There are some additional breaks in the actual table that we use. For
instance, one of our ranges would be 10% - 12.49% and could pay 2%, the next
being 12.5% - 13.5% which could pay 2.25%.
If the margin % on a sale is 12.45%, Vlookup returns 2.25% using the formula
below. (Already tried this one.)

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

VLOOKUP should work. With the query % in A10 (in the same format as ColA of
table) try the below formula..Try and feedback

=VLOOKUP(A10,A1:C7,3,TRUE)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jcracch" wrote:

I'm trying to calculate a new sales commission based upon a range possible
values.

Sales Rep earns a different commission based upon Margin % on the sale.

A simple version table is this:
From Until
0.0% 2.99% 0.00%
3.0% 9.99% 1.00%
10.0% 14.99% 1.25%
15.0% 19.99% 1.75%
20.0% 25.99% 2.50%
26.0% 3.25%

(The actual table is much more detailed and does not work using Vlookup)