Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gib21 gib21 is offline

Default More than 3 Conditions???

If i ignore condition 2 the data validation 'Yes/No' (column AE) changes to
orange because a 3rd cell is populated with no format unless there is a
formula to ignore Condition 1 if 'No' is selected!

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Can you not ignore condition 2? Format the column as no color. Then, if
AE10="No", it wouldn't change, so no need for that conditional format, and
you'd have 3 to use.

Please note, you can only have 3 conditions, so there is no way to perform a
4th.

"gib21" wrote:

That is my point,

i already have 3 Conditions, i cannot just 'enter there & select colour to
orange'

there is no option for this!

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
go to conditional formation, where the formula is and enter there
B10=3
select you color to orange

"gib21" wrote:

Sorry 'B10=3' should format to Orange!!

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
The problem with what you want to achieve is that you have already give a
condition to cell B10=2 (Condition 1). you stablish you wanted to be red

If this was helpful, please click yes, thanks

"gib21" wrote:

I currently have 3 conditions for a column of cells, as an example;
Condition 1 Format is Red =OR(B10=2,AE10="Yes") AE10 is 'Yes/No' dropdown
Condition 2 Format is 'No Colour' =AE10="No"
Condition 3 Format is 'Green' =B10=1
I need Condition 4 to be 'Orange' with the formula as =B10=2
I have '=COUNTA(AC7,AD7,AE7,AH7)' in column B.
Can anyone help?