Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default referencing another sheet and using auto fill

You did do the right thing there. Sorry for messign that up on you.

Click the fx to the left of the formula bar where you have the =INIDRECT
formula. What is it showing as the values?

"merlin" wrote:

ok - this is the actual formula I'm using:

=INDIRECT(D$2&"!"&$AI4)

where D2$ is the heading at the top of the column on the summary sheet (e.g.
contains text 'JAN') and $AI4 is the cell on each sheet I need to total.

I was getting a formula error but I tinkered and added a " which seemed to
fix it but I'm still getting a 'REF#' error. The text in D2$ is identical to
the text on the sheet tab for JAN.

any thoughts?