Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nigel123 Nigel123 is offline

Default excel file name?

Hi sorry im not a real technical person so can i try do this slowly

Im not sure what VBE is??? I did however press Alt+F11 and it just created a
new worksheet for me is that what im suppose to do?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Launch VBE using Alt+F11. From the left treeview double click 'This
Workbook'. Paste the below code and try..

strFolder = "c:\Jobs\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strFolder & Trim(Range("A1")) & ".xls"
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Nigel123" wrote:

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me?

Basically I would like excell to save a file in the name on cell A1 for
everytime I save someone on this perticular file. For example.

cell a1 says, 1001

I would like exell to save as 1001

If at a later point I change the 1001 to 1002 and click the save button I
would like it save the file as 1002 in the same folder as the other one?

Is this possible if so how???