Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
merlin merlin is offline

Default referencing another sheet and using auto fill

Hi there.

I'm trying to create a summary sheet to summarise data from 12 sheets (jan
to dec).

I have 84 lines each with a member of staff and I need to produce a table
with the totals of thei leave in each month. Each seperate month sheet has
84 lines and a total for each person already on it.

I need to end up with something like this on the summary sheet:

jan feb
mar etc total
peter's leave totals for month and year: 3 4 1
8
john's leave totals for month and year: 7 2 3
12
jane's leave totals for month and year: 4 0 0
4

my sheets are labelled "jan" "feb" etc and what I'm trying to do is use a
formula which allows me to drag and autofill across and down on the summary
sheet to avoid clicking all the workbook for everyone of 12x84 cells by
using the labels at the top of each column in the summary sheet.

I've considered INDIRECT and ADDRESS but I don't really understand how to
apply them.

Please could someone help?

TIA