Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Last 7 days

The below formula will give you the average of last 7 days. On 26th it will
return the average from 19th to 25th both inclusive..Please note that this is
an array formula. Within the cell in edit mode (F2) paste this formula and
press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to apply this formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'
you can notice the curly braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=(TODAY()-7),B1:B100))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"bbal20" wrote:

I am trying to calculate pacing based on the last 7 day average. My dataset
looks as follows:

Date Impressions
5/1/2009 4,562,077
5/2/2009 4,433,984
5/3/2009 4,340,952
5/4/2009 6,174,786
5/5/2009 6,736,687
5/6/2009 7,360,844
5/7/2009 6,576,612
5/8/2009 5,030,927
5/9/2009 3,702,990
5/10/2009 4,016,134
5/11/2009 5,894,572

Does anyone know how to construct a formula that always takes an average of
the last 7 days for the "impression" column based on the Now() date and how
many days are left in the month.

--
Thank you for your help and support