Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ginger ginger is offline

Default Dates and If Function

Thanks, guys! I got it to work on one worksheet, but when I reference that
cell in another worksheet, it doesn't work. Any ideas about why that would
be?

"Ginger" wrote:

I need to check a cell to see that it does not contain a certain date. There
are 12 dates that the cell cannot be.

B12 = Date that I am testing to make sure that it isn't one of the dates in
my formula.

I have tried =IF(OR(B12<"4-5-2009", B12<"5-7-2009", "Y","N")

I can't get this to work. The cell format for B12 is "5-Apr-2009.
That differs from what appears in the top box when I click on the cell. It
shows as 4/5/2009. Could that make a difference? I have tried both ways,
and I can't get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ginger