Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Today - volatile function

The TODAY function shouldn't be slowing down your workbook. Normal reasons
for slow workbooks are the foillowing

1) workbooks with lots of macros or macros that take a long time to run
2) workbooks with lots of formulas especially the function SUMPRODUCT.
3) worksbooks that contain links to closed workbooks.

"dhstein" wrote:

I use Today() in my worksheet. It is a volatile function and since I have a
number of cells dependent on it, it may be one reason for slow calculation in
my workbook. I'm thinking about having the function in one cell and running
a startup macro to copy the value to another location and using that for all
dependent cells. Will that help with calculation speed, or since the Today()
function still exists in the workbook, it will not change anything?