Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
NewOfTheDay_Terry Lynch NewOfTheDay_Terry Lynch is offline

Default Closing Excel

RVarner,

Step1

On the Tools Menu bar in Excel (Version up-to 2003) select Add-ins and
ensure all are unchecked.

Version 2007, File(round button)-Excel Options-Add-ins, Managed Add-ins,
click the GO button. Again ensure all Add-ins are unchecked.

Step2

Excel uses templates that may have become corrupted. Book.xlt is used for a
new workbook Sheet.xlt, is used for new worksheets that gets added to
existing workbooks. Both of these can be found together in the XLStart
folder. Example navigate to the, C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel. Delete both of these files.
Excel will automatically recreate these when the application is restarted.
You may also have a file called Personnel.xls. Delete this. Closed and
reopen excel. Let us know if this was help or what solution you found.

Regards-Terry

"RVarner" wrote in message
The upper right X button on Excel is greyed out and I have to exit Excel
from
the File drop down menu, how do I enable the X (exit) button?
--
RVarner