Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JBeaucaire[_90_] JBeaucaire[_90_] is offline

Default how can I turn off hyperlink when typing email addressesl?

I've never learned how to turn to turn it off, but for me, as I type and
press ENTER and the hyperlink appears, I've discovered immediately pressing
CTRL-Z and the hyperlink is removed but the text is still there.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

You can click and hold to select the cell instead of following the link.

If you are using Excel 2003 then got to
Tools-AutoCorrect Options and select the second tab 'Autoformat as you type'
Clear the checkbox 'Replace as you type....'

"Leigh" wrote:

In Excel, when I type an email address it puts it an hyperlink, and I can't
figure out to turn that off or just treat it like text. When you need to
edit, it is a challenge.

Any suggestions?