Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Find and render text

Assuming source data in A1 down eg:
340-8688 / 818-444-6122 CE
818-6122 CE
etc

Try in say, B1, copy down:
=IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("/",A1)),TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"CE","")),
TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+1,99),"CE","")))

This derives it in col B as:
818-444-6122
818-6122

Works ok? Click the YES button below.
--
Max
Singapore
"David P." wrote:
Thank you for your suggestion Max. My intent is to isolate the phone # into a
seperate cell. I've already built the spreadsheet format and all cells around
the area where the customers info is entered is already taken up that's why I
was hoping for a smart formula that could find it for me(so long as I stay
within the parameters of using "/ " & " CE") without moving to a cell out of
the flow of where the rest of the info is being entered. Your shot at it
appreciated if that is within the scope of what you do. Many thanks.
--
David P.