Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Naming of tabs from data in a worksheet

Hi,

You need code for that. Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste the
code below in. If you type a legal filename into A2 the sheet is re-named.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$2" Then
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Name = Target.Text

Mike

"Christine" wrote:

Hello, I've looked for a post on this and in Excel help but drawing a blank.
Hoping one of you might have an answer for me.

Is there a formula that will insert the value on spreadsheet tab into a
cell€¦.or vice versa - the value in a cell into the tab?

For instance, I would like to put a name in cell A2 and have the tab for
that worksheet be the same as whatever the value in A2 is.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Christine