Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default lacy

Please use meaningful subject lines.
Just format your cells as 00000000

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"lacy" wrote in message
I have a column of sedols (sedols are security identifies) that is about
8000
rows long and will be refreshed with new data every day. Sedols need to
be 8
characters long. The problem is, when I drop a sedol into excel that
starts
with one or more zeros, excel truncates the zeros which then leaves me
with
an invalid sedol. At that point I need to go in and change for example
€œ3128€ to €œ €˜0003128€. Generally, there about 200 or so of these out of
8000. Was wondering if there was a way to create a macro that would look
at
all sedols in the range, check if they are 8 characters, and, if not, add
enough zeros as prefix to get to 8 characters€¦

thanks!