Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
FatBytestard FatBytestard is offline

Default data range referrences

Hi,

I have a chart which relies on the data in a table with 29 rows.

Occaisionally, I want to only use 28 rows as my data set for the chart.

I can manually enter a named range into the dialog, and upon entry, it
automatically ,morphs it into the string that describes the data range
(worksheetname, data set). When I manually type in the other named
range, it flips to the shorter named range in the table.

How can I inject that into the chart's data dialog on the fly?

I have tried to reference cell locations that have the named range name
in them. No worky.

I know it is possible to pass this value to the chart layout, but I do
not know how.

Anyone?