Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
smartin smartin is offline

Default Which type of graphic should I use?

Finn wrote:
Hi All,

I have got this problem:

I have a series of arrival and departure times which I want to put in a
graphic in Excel.

My problem is that I can't find the right graphic for this data, it's
not a line, bar or circle diagram.

Anyone got ideas how to visualise this data?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Finn

Probably depends on what you are trying to show. An XY chart might work.
I played with some random data, with arrivals and departures in separate
series. With x-values of full date-time, and y-values of time-only, you
would be able to see concentrations of arrivals/departures with respect
to time and date.