Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] hn.srikanth@gmail.com is offline

Default Help required in Formula for date

Hi,
I have data in 2 files. File A contains data in 2 columns and File B I
have data in 1 column. The first cell in file B is validated. I have
given the examples in the below tables. I am using IF function along
with SUMPRODUCT. The date in File A is in dd/mmm/yy format. My
SUMPRODUCT date format is MMM, I am not able to get the correct
answer. Can i get some help on this please.
Eg:-
File : A
Row # Column A Column B
12 Name Date
13 Anthony 3-Mar-09
14 Bob 5-Apr-09
15 Anthony 4-Apr-09
16 Chris 6-Jan-09
17 Bob 15-Apr-09
18 Anthony 26-Apr-09
19 Anthony 5-May-09
20 Chris 14-May-09
21 Bob 2-Feb-09
22 Anthony 31-Mar-09

24 File : B
25 Jan
26 Column A Column B
27 Name Total Count
28 Anthony "IF(ISBLANK($A$25),"""",SUMPRODUCT(('File A'!$A$13:$B
$22=A28)*('File A'!$B$13:$B$22=$A$25)))
29 Bob
30 Chris

I want the result in Column B of File B in row 28.
Your assiswtance would be of great help.
Thanks in advance!
Srikanth HN