Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
enna49 enna49 is offline

Default using if for multiple criteria

Thanks for your response. I have the answer to my question, but now the
ball game has changed again, hopefully I can sort out myself with what
information I have received. Otherwise I will be calling on you assistance
again.
Thanking you
Anne

"Ragdyer" wrote:

When do you apply the Breakdown cost to the total?
Is it added *only* when there is a "w"?

=COUNTIF(F2:K2,"w")*(C2+E2-D2)+D2*6

If not, you'll have to explain further.

RD

"enna49" wrote in message
Thank you for your quick response, this is great.

Please can you help in another issue that has arisen with the same

scenario.

There is now an extra field required eg BREAKDOWN, how can I include this

be another option.
I have also tried to fix the N/A option. If you know of a quick solution
that would also be helpful.

Thanking you
"Ragdyer" wrote:

Assume that C2 will *always* be larger then D2:

=COUNTIF(E2:J2,"w")*(C2-D2)+D2*6
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"enna49" wrote in message
Hi
I have used the formula below for adding across cells if certain

criteria.
This does work, however is there a cleaner way of doing this. Example
Data
below:

C2 = Working Shift Cost
D2 = Idle Shift Cost
E2 to J2 represents days of the week (Mon - Sat) and a Total is

required
for
this cost. Using Excel 2007

=SUM(IF(E2="W",C2,D2)+(IF(F2="w",C2,D2))+(IF(G2="w ",C2,D2))+(IF(H2="w",C2,D2
))+(IF(I2="w",C2,D2))+(IF(J2="w",C2,D2)))
Thanking you
Anne