Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David P. David P. is offline

Default Find and render text

I need a formula that will isolate cell phone numbers in two different cells
(A1 & B1). Please see the example below to explain this: I thought the best
way to do that was to find what is in betwee "/ " & " CE" (as in the 1st
example) or between the beginning of the cell and " CE" (2nd example). I
always put " CE" after a cell phone number as a standard. I likewise always
use "/ " everytime I'm seperating two numbers. There are cases where there
will be no "/ " since there is only one number. Here's the idea:

340-8688 / 818-444-6122 CE (This would be A1)
775-8844 (This would be B1)

Or in some cases I may have it like this with no "/ " and no area code for
example:

818-6122 CE (cell A1)
775-8844 (cell B1)

I need to render the cell phone only i.e. 818-444-6122 (1st example) or
818-6122 (2nd example).

Many thanks.
--
David P.