Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris Chris is offline

Default Unknown error in function, and how to return value?

Hi all,

I've been working on this sheet for a bit, and I'm stuck at this point,
where I have a worksheet created like a calendar. My goal is to have a
function that pulls the date from the cell above it, searches another
worksheet in column "M" for matches to that date, add all of those rows'
column "O" together, and return the sum to range where I called the function.
Below is what I came up with, but I'm getting an error and don't know why,
and I also don't know how to return the variable.

Function SalesTotal()
Dim varDate As Date
Dim LSearchRow, varSaleTotal As Integer
' Search date needs to be same column, one row up
varDate = Range((Target.Row - 1) & Target.Column).Value

On Error GoTo Err_Execute
' Setup search from sheet 17

Sheet17.Select
LSearchRow = 2
While Len(Range("A" & CInt(LSearchRow)).Value) 0
If Range("M" & CInt(LSearchRow)).Value = varDate Then

'Add found range to var

varSaleTotal = varSaleTotal + (Range("O" &
CInt(LSearchRow)).Value)

Sheet17.Select
End If
LSearchRow = LSearchRow + 1