Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
randyvolters randyvolters is offline

Default Manipulating pivot table fields ...

Sorry for posting if this is alread addressed here, just couldn't figure out
how I'd go about finding it.

I have a pivot table. Two items in the PivotTable Field List are 'peers' -
part number and part description.

I'd like to concatenate these items so that they'd appear side by side
instead of one under the other. Reason being that the qty sold is being
shown for both and even though it is summing correctly it gets distracting to
see, for example:
part number 5
part description 5

What I really want is:
part number '-' part description 5

I could modify the query to create this string, but that gets really tedious.

Any way I can accomplish this with just the pivot table fields as read from
the database and not having to create 'pseudo columns' via a view to read the
concatenated information into the Pivot Table?

Thanks
--
randy