Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default Deleting blank cells globally

Try
Sub deleteBlanks()
With ActiveSheet
l = 25
K = 1
For i = 1 To 20
For j = 1 To 20
If IsNumeric(.Cells(i, j)) And .Cells(i, j) < 0 Then
.Cells(l, K) = .Cells(i, j)
If K = 20 Then
K = 1
l = l + 1
Else
K = K + 1
Next j
Next i
End With
End Sub

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Suggested macro will only remove blanks.
You can use ISNUMBER to adapt it to your needs.
Let me know if you want me to do that.

"MrHanky" wrote:

Hi, I have a 20x20 matrix of either non-zero values or "blanks" ("") that are
not constants--these cells have formulas.

I'd appreciate some assistance creating a macro that will systematically
traverse the matrix and delete cells (moving remaining cells up) that have
either a blank or some other non-number value.

The result should be 20 columns starting at, say, row 0, where each column
has up to 20 numbers, in original sequence, minus "blanks".

It could be done in-place if possible or somewhere else in the workbook.
Thanks in advance for the help