Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KS KS is offline

Default Calculate a date based on values in other cell, worksheet

I have a worksheet (Inventory) that contains colums for PartID, Category,
DateMade and DateToRecyle. I also have another sheet (RetainPeriod) in the
Workbook that has Category and RetentionPeriod. In Inventory when someone
enters the PartID, Category, and DateMade. I want to calculate the
DatetoRecycle based on the Category and its associated RetentionPeriod (in
months) from worksheet RetainPeriod. I know it's probably a VLookup but I
don't know how to formulate the function. Help is appreciated