Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Randbetween help

Try

=INDEX(employees,RANDBETWEEN(1,15))

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Tom" wrote:

am using Excel 2003 and I have a formula to randomly select employees for a
mandatory drug screen. I have 15 employees and I use the formula
=randbetween(1,15)"Mary","Bill")
etc. having to type in all 15 names. Is there a way to use a named range
with randbetween that refers to text names. I tried naming the range
employees and using =randbetween(1,15) employees . and it didn't work and
then I tried =randbetween("employees" and that didn't work. I even tried
=randbetween(b7:b22) and that failed also
any suggestions? I appreciate the help