Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed[_4_] Ed[_4_] is offline

Default Separating data from cells

Hello Justin,

I was wondering if there is a VBA solution for changing the data location?

Thank you very much.

Ed.

"Justin Case" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Coupla problems...

The "From" field doesn't contain a colon. Some fields are not
populated. So try this formula approach

The following formula, copied down in another column to all necessary
rows will get the data:

=MID(TRIM(A1),FIND(":",A1)+2,LEN(A1))

for the "From" field (with that frustrating missing colon), use..

=MID(TRIM(A2),FIND("From ",A2)+6,LEN(A2))

Finally, select this group of cells and COPY. Move to the target cell
(anywhere on the sheet where you're headings are, or another sheet or
even workbook) then right click choose PASTE-SPECIAL, select "Values"
& "Transpose" in the dialog box. Press OK.

This last part will work, but would be a pain to do 500 times, so
where exactly the data is, as I asked about in my earlier post, will
be critical in order to use VBA as Eddie mentioned, which of couse
would be faster.

Let us know...

Regards,
Justin