Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Conditional Replace without macros

that really depends on what your criteria are.

the fields you are changing... can you make them formulas instead? =if(other
cell=x,"This value","That value")

Seems we would need more information to figure out a solution to this one...

"Craig" wrote:

Hi

I have a big Excel list with a header row

Right now, I do a filter on two of the columns to display only rows that
meet both criteria. Then I do an Edit, Replace command twice...once to
replace all the values in one of the columns with some other value, then
another Edit Replace to replace all the values in another of the columns with
some other value. Then I remove the filter to get all records shown...but
this takes time...

is there a quicker way to do this or do I need to create a macro??

Thank you

Craig