Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default how to copy cell formatting in formula

"Justin Case" wrote:

On May 20, 5:43 am, JBW wrote:
This is going to be easy peasy I know, but it's got me stumped.

I need to copy a cells contents and format (not conditional) into a
frontsheet.

Using simple =example!C1 the cell contents come over but not the colouring

Help please

Hi

Copy your cell, then in the destination cell right click, choose Paste-
Special,
select "Values" if that's waht you want or "Formulas" if you want to
retain the formula. No formatting will come across.

Regards,
Justin

Not strictly true - if you have XL2007 then paste special All using source
theme - will copy format as well!
Another alternative:
Link two worksheets Alt click on the worksheet tabs, then whatever you
type or format on one sheet will be repeated in the same cell/group of cells
in the other sheet. Don't forget to unlink after you have finished.