Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RA RA is offline

Default Applying Formulae to a worksheet which are hidden

Hi Sean

I just want to show the values, not the formulas.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Are you looking to hide the entire rows? Or, do you want to show just values
instead of the formulas?

you can hide them by right-clicking on the row number to the left and
selecting hide.

If you have a formula in the cell, you can't hide the fact that it has a
formula. You can copy the cells, then right-click, select paste
special/values to CHANGE them to constants. In that case, the formulas would
be gone altogether...

Was that what you were referring to?

"Ra" wrote:

Hi Gord

Thank you for your reply and apologies for not being clear enough. For
example:

Cells E5 to Z5 are populated with formulae,
(F5, G5, I5, L5, Q5, V5, Y5, Z5 have Conditional Formatting). The formulae,
in some cases, are dependent on the preceding cell.

E5=D5+14, H5=G5+10, etc. These are on one row and interspersed with
conditional formatting on adjacent cells, as indicated above.

I want to apply these same conditions to the rows immediately beneath row 5
and hide the formulae.

I hope that makes sense this time.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You state you want row 6 and below to have the same formulas as row 5 but
then you want to enter data in row 6 and below.

You cannot have formulas in cells then enter data in those same cells
without erasing the formulas.

Please re-describe what you need.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 May 2009 05:51:02 -0700, Ra wrote:

The problem:

I have set up a work sheet with formulae in the following row:

Cells E5 to Z5 are populated with formulae,
(F5, G5, I5, L5, Q5, V5, Y5, Z5 have Conditional Formatting). The formulae,
in some cases, are dependent on the preceding cell.

I would like to apply all these formulae to all the rows from row 5 and
below. Also, I would like all the formulae to be hidden. So that when new
data is entered in rows 6 to X, all you see is the data being entered with
the formulaes being hidden.

Please can you help, I am new to excel so simplicity is key.

Many thanks,