Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harriet harriet is offline

Default Find duplicates in Excel 2000

I am going to put two spreadsheets together--one from my database and one
from another company's database. We both have a the same unique ID for
members. I want to be able to find all of the duplicate ID's and I don't
know how to write a formula to do that. My goal is to have all of the
duplicate records say 1 or true and all none duplicate records to say 2 or
false; or if you have a better idea, I'm up for suggestions. I want to be
able to sort all of the 1's or true and the 2's and false so that I only need
to look at the records that are NOT duplicates.