Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default lookup

Why not just use autofilter on the customer col?
--
Max
Singapore
"amc020781" wrote:
I use an excel spreadsheet to record numbered boxes that I have in different
locations for different customers. However one customer may have 10 different
boxes for example. I am trying to use a lookup formula to extract the data
for one certain customer. So say for example I put the customers name in a
cell at the top of the page and link my lookup formula to that cell. The
formula if I copy it down will lookup the first value only and not multiple
values.

EG

Mr Smith has boxes 10 15 18 22 28

If I use the lookup formula it will always come out with the first value (eg
box 10 if it is sorted in number order) but then I try to copy the data down
and it will only give me the first value and no additionals.

I hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help