Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Rank and Sort

Hi,

when I copy your data I get only A:G. When I sort on the last column in
ascending order and then on the next to last column in ascending order I get
the lowest item first for both columns. But that is pure chance. I am
assuming you want all the other columns to sort with these last two? If so
the second lowest item in the last column is on the same row as the third
lowest item in the next to last column and there is no way these two items
can be on the same line if all the data is sorted together.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"watermt" wrote:

I'm trying to sort the list below based upon the results displayed in the
last two columns. I tried to sort the data but it did not display what I was
looking for. I need them ranked (sorted) so that the lowest percentage in
column G and the lowest percentage in column H are ranked first.

A B C D E F G
1 53% 64% 48% 74 74 100% 55%
2 75% 81% 69% 74 74 100% 75%
3 51% 66% 62% 74 46 62% 60%