Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Refer to current row in formula

If I understand the question correctly
=HLOOKUP(L3,Sheet4!B2:AE35,ROW(),FALSE)

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"willemeulen" wrote in message

I want to do a Hlookup which has to return the value from the row it's
standing in.

=HLOOKUP(L3,Sheet4!B2:AE35,????,FALSE)

L3 gives a code which is on top of the lookup table, the answer can be
found by returning the value in the row.

Another option would be index/match function like this:

=INDEX(Sheet4!B3:Z55,MATCH(L3,B3:B55,0),MATCH("ROW ",B3:Z3,0))

If it's not possible to refer to the row I could create an extra column
(which I hide) to use in the index match function.

:o:

--
willemeulen

Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands)
willemeulen's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=98040