Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sueasmith31 sueasmith31 is offline

Default CSV formatting issue

I currently use Excel 2002 with SP3. I have a file I create in a worksheet
and have formatted a numeric field to be text so that I can maintain a 12
character string. I then "Save-As" a CSV file in order for it to be used in
another application. Up until 3 weeks ago, the formatting was correct - now
no matter what I do, when the "text column is converted to CSV, the column
converts to a "general" format and I lose my character string of 12 digits
(leading 0's).
Aside from having to add " " around the string - is there some other
technique I can use so that I am not manually adding all the quotes?