Tubby

Default Conditional Cell Shading (based on the shading of other cells)

I was wondering if the is any way to vary the cell shading color and/or font
color based on the cell shading color and/or font color of another cell in
the same sheet. I am trying to set up a sheet that shows whether we have
received a report from a facility and I have used conditional formatting to
change the cell shading to green when "Y" for yes is entered (and red for
when "N" is entered). What I want to do is have the adjacent cell which is
under a Comments column to automatically be shaded green (or red, depending
if "Y" or "N" is entered) as well (as it is yellow before "Y" or "N" is
entered in the adjacent cell). By the way today is the first day I have ever
messed with conditional formatting or anything more advanced than the most
basic functions, so if answers could be dumbed down somewhat I would
appreciate it.