Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EMarre EMarre is offline

Default Lookup through a Range of Values in different cells

I have a detail General Ledger Account data file (please see below) that
needs to have a column (FRPT MAPPING) to map each account transaction to a
specific summary account grouping that exist in another worksheet within the
same file. Please notice that the account mapping worksheet uses the same
mapping for a range of accounts and funds. Can someone help me determine how
can I perform the lookup so I can assign the summary account category to each
transaction in the GL data file?

GL data file
FUND DEPT ACCOUNT ACCOUNT DESCRIPTION FRPT MAPPING
100 101000 CASH GENERAL ACCOUNT
100 100 101000 CASH GENERAL ACCOUNT
100 101 101000 CASH GENERAL ACCOUNT
100 110 101000 CASH GENERAL ACCOUNT
100 120 101000 CASH GENERAL ACCOUNT

Account Summary Grouping Table
MAPPING FND FRM FND TO ACCT FRM ACCT TO CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS
LINE MAPPING 100 100 101000 101999
LINE MAPPING 101 101 101000 101999
LINE MAPPING 102 102 101000 101999

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Emarre