Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Help with SMALL formula.

You could also try this set-up. It includes tiebreakers to take care of the
possibilities of ties (or multiple ties) within the values in col B

Source data assumed in A1:B1 down,
names in col A, values (ie numbers) in col B
In D1: =IF(B1="","",B1+ROW()/10^10)
In E1:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($D:$D),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMA LL($D:$D,ROWS($1:1)),$D:$D,0)))
Copy E1 to F1. Select D1:F1, copy down to cover the max expected extent of
source data. Minimize/hide col D. The automated results that you seek will be
returned in cols E and F, viz. an auto-ascending sort of the names and their
corresponding values, by values. Names with tied values (if any) will be
returned in the same relative order that they appear within the source.
--
Max
Singapore
"Scott" wrote:
I have a range of 144 rows. A1:A144 contain names, B1:B144 contain values.
I've successfully used the SMALL formula to sort the data 1 through 144, but
I'd like to reference the corresponding names with the values. How do I do
that?