Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] mlrs177@hotmail.com is offline

Default Problems Inserting Objects in an Excel 2007 Spreadsheet

I have a 2007 spreadsheet to track action items and want to embed ".msg"
files that are emails recording the satisfactory closure of the item in my
"CLOSED" column. I go to InsertObject; select "Create From File" tab;
browse to my file; select "Display as Icon" checkbox; click on "OK"; and
Excel locks up. I do not want to link the files, I want to embed them
because I need to send the spreadsheet to people without access to our
network.

The Excel Help has proven useless - when I type in "Insert Object" I get
everything but help on how to insert an object. thanks for any ideas on what
I may be doing wrong. Perhaps some setting in options is set wrong?