Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sswillis sswillis is offline

Default How do I number pages consistently using different files?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In Excel vernacular a file is a "workbook" which can contain one or more
"worksheets" each of which can have one or more "pages".

I agree with you.

A "page" is what is printed.

12 workbooks to be combined into one workbook?

Yes, but they are not all in one file. There are 12 different files that
you have to open, number, save, and close that will be put on one (1)
worksheet is my understanding.

How many worksheets in each workbook?
There will only be one (1)

Are all worksheets to be combined into one worksheet in the new workbook or
remain as their own sheets?
YES. Sry I answered this above.

What order would the combining take..........workbooks and/or sheets?
Sheets
How many pages on each worksheet?

There are 63 pages.

A folder has 2 pages but they are pages 7 of 70
and 8 of 70.

Folders contain files, not pages.
YES. There are 12 different files, not pages, that will be combined on a
worksheet to make 63 pages.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 May 2009 11:25:27 -0700, sswillis
wrote:

There are about 12 files and they need to be combined. Knowing that all 12
files will be 70 pages total, how do I number each file so that the pages
will be numbered? Example: A folder has 2 pages but they are pages 7 of 70
and 8 of 70.