Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve[_19_] Steve[_19_] is offline

Default multiple columns of data, reporting Means of specific combinations

Hi,
Say I have 3 columns of data for the Math students in my school: Teacher's
Name, Gender, Test Scores. Is there a formula that I can write in a cell
that would report back the mean value of the test scores for the Girls in Mr.
SoAndSo's class? I would have separte cells to report for the Boys, then do
the same for Mrs. WhatsHerName's classes. (laid out in a grid at the top of
the spreadsheet)
I do not want to have to do manual sorts or use filters. I would like to
have the cells automatically update as I continually modify and/or enter more
data.
Thanks.