Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Calculation Speed

In my experience, the SUMIF and COUNTIF functions are not very efficient for
calc times. I always use SUMPRODUCT instead. Plus, SUMPRODUCT is just more
flexible.

Try replacing all of your SUMIFs with SUMPRODUCT. I'm betting that will cut
down your calc time substantially.

HTH
Elkar

"ColleenK" wrote:

I post this before and implemented the suggestions, to no avail, so I am
asking for further ideas.

This is Excel 2003 and I have a workbook with 15 tabs, each tab consists of
the following formulas: sumif, sumproduct, vlookup and embedded if
statements. This takes about 10 minutes to calculate and when I hit "save
as", I generally have to wait 15-20 minutes. My PC is a 200 GHz maching with
1 GB of Ram, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can speed up the
calculations?
--
CK